June National Dairy Month Moo-ves into July Ice Cream Month | Arts & Culture
When it comes to dairy products, our country has a rich history. Cheese has been a part of American diets since the Pilgrims first landed and some historians trace its origins back 4,000 years. The versatility of dairy products makes it easy to participate in this month-long celebration. The National Dairy Council has some great recipes for dairy-based foods.
Countless studies have demonstrated the positive impact milk plays in children’s development. But drinking milk also provides important protein for adults to help rebuild their muscles after a workout, reduces the risk of bone disease and fractures, and may help reduce the risk of getting cavities.
As the end of the June approaches, we are glad to announce that the dairy celebration will continue during National Ice Cream Month in July. We encourage you to visit the International Dairy Foods Association site for more information on this celebration and its history at http://www.idfa.org/.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond