S.C. Bar Offers Free Legal Clinics In Columbia | Community Spirit
The S.C. Bar Pro Bono Program will sponsor two free legal clinics in Columbia in October. The schedule is as follows:
Thursday, Oct. 4 – Starting a small business, featuring attorneys Charles J. Boykin and Kimberly A. Gertner. The clinic will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Richland County Public Library – Northeast Branch located at 7490 Parklane Rd.
Thursday, Oct. 18 – Family law issues (divorce, custody, support and visitation), featuring attorney Shannon K. Burnett. The clinic will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Richland County Public Library – Southeast Branch located at 7420 Garners Ferry Rd.
The seminar is open to anyone who would like to attend. Registration is not required. A schedule of other upcoming seminars throughout the state is available online at www.scbar.org/clinics.
For more information, contact the S.C. Bar Pro Bono Program at (803) 799-6653, ext. 158.
The South Carolina Bar, which has a membership of more than 14,000 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond