Third Army to host Sisters-in-Arms meeting at Shaw | Community Spirit
Third Army/ARCENT invites all military and Department of Defense females to attend a Sisters-in-Arms meeting Oct. 18 from 11 a.m. until noon at the Lucky Conference Room in Patton Hall.
The goal of the program is to educate, train, mentor and empower female Soldiers to become future leaders. We hope for it to spread service-wide, said Sgt. Maj. Lydia Fortier, senior enlisted advisor, G-8, Third Army/ARCENT.
The senior panel, which consists of female master sergeants, sergeants major, lieutenant colonels, colonels and chief warrant officers 4 and 5, will guide the monthly meetings. The Third Army/ARCENT Sisters in Arms program began in September and the first meeting was held in Kuwait. The meetings will be held monthly at the Operation command Post in Kuwait and the Main Command Post at Shaw Air Force Base.
For more information about the Sisters in Arms program, call Sgt. Maj. Tessie Coe at (803) 885-7148 or Lt. Col. Catina Barnes-Ricks at (803) 885-8866.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond