Deputies: Man charged after dragging another man down road | Crime
The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office arrested a Sumter man after deputies say he dragged another man down the road.
The warrants allege that on September 5, Chad Hudson dragged another man down the road while he was hanging out the passenger door of a Silver F-150 Ford truck.
Deputies say the victim was found unconscious, lying in the grass near Gibbs Dairy Road with severe lacerations to the arms, legs, torso and head.
According to the report, the truck involved in the incident was located in a ditch at the corner of Zachery Road and Ramsey Road.
Deputies say Hudson was also located near the vehicle and was identified as being the driver by witnesses.
Hudson is charged with attempted murder.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond