Police: Reward offered for suspect in Rite-Aid pharmacy robbery | Crime
Rite-Aid Pharmacy is offering a $2,500 reward for information that leads to an arrest in the recent armed robbery that occurred on Tuesday.
Sumter Police say around 8:30 p.m. an unidentified white male entered the Rite-Aid Pharmacy located at 375 Pinewood Road armed with a handgun.
The report said the suspect approached the pharmacy counter and demanded the clerk to give him all the medications that contain opiates.
The clerk complied and the suspect fled from the business on foot. The suspect got away with an estimated amount of oxycodone valued at over $400.00.
According to police, the suspect was last seen running toward the Piggly Wiggly parking lot on Pinewood Road.
The suspect is described as 25-35 years old, 6’0” tall and 240 lbs. The suspect had a goatee and was wearing a red hooded sweatshirt, khaki pants, and a winter cap, the report stated.
If you have any information about this crime or can identify the suspect in the above photo please contact Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Owner of traveling animal exhibit says he's following the law
- The Fine Arts Center of Kershaw County & Kelley’s Fine Arts Announce New Dance Team, Summer Classes
- Lugoff Toyota Hosts Grand Opening of Redesigned Dealership
- Five stores cited for selling alcohol to minors
- SC State Museum Receives Collection of Historic Transistor Radios