Police seek suspect in Saturday morning robbery | Crime
The Sumter Police Department is asking for the community’s assistance in identifying a suspect who robbed a Sumter convenience store early Saturday morning.
The report said at approximately 1:15 a.m., a black male entered the Kangaroo convenience store (located at 503 Broad Street) and approached the clerk behind the counter.
Police say the suspect demanded money from the register while threatening the clerk with the impression that he was armed with a weapon. The clerk complied and the suspect took an undetermined amount of money from the register and fled the scene.
The suspect is described as a black male approximately 35-45 years old, 6’0” tall, 200 lbs., wearing a camouflage hat and jacket, black shirt, blue jeans, and white sneakers.
Anyone with information regarding the identity of the suspect is asked to contact CrimeStoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC. You can remain anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond