Report: Man arrested after locking co-workers in recycling center | Crime
Not everyone is expected to like one another, but one man took his dislike for a colleague to the extreme when he locked two workers inside a recycling center, according to Sumter County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies arrested 72-year-old Sidney Carter on kidnapping and abduction charges.
According to the report, the victim went to the recycling center around 6:30 p.m. and began to unload items. Deputies say Carter was also at the center, and was known to have issues with the victim in the past.
The report said the victim completed his work around 6:58 p.m., and attempted to leave the facility.
When the victim approached the exit gate, he discovered that Carter had locked him and another worker inside, deputies say.
Carter told the victim “this will teach you to wait until the last minute,” the report stated.
Deputies say ten minutes later, Carter opened the gate.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond