Sumter man arrested on child pornography charges | Crime
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - A Sumter man has been arrested and accused of having child pornography on his computer.
South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson said the Sumter County Sheriff's Department arrested 28-year-old Tremayne Quentez Fritz Wednesday. He is charged with three counts of sexual exploitation of a minor.
Wilson's office says an undercover investigator with the sheriff's office downloaded pornographic images. After serving a search warrant at Fritz's house, Wilson says child pornography was discovered on his computer. Investigators seized the computer and two gaming devices.
The attorney general's office is prosecuting the case.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond