SC Air National Guard conducting exercise above Sumter | Events
If you're worried about the fighter jets zipping above your house Tuesday morning, the South Carolina Air National Guard wants to assuage your fears just a bit.
SCANG says they're conducting an air defense exercise in Anderson, Florence, Greer, and Sumter.
The guard says the exercise has fighter jets escourting a single-engine aircraft from the South Carolina Civil Air Patrol.
That exercise is scheduled to take place between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
"Such exercises are carefully planned and closely controlled to ensure the rapid response capability associated with the SCANG’s Aerospace Control Alert mission. The McEntire unit is a critical component of the strategic force that is poised 24/7 to respond to airborne threats over the United States," said a statement from the guard.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond