Judge sets time aside to finalize adoptions | Events
On Monday, Judge McFaddin took time out of his schedule to set an entire day aside to finalize as many adoptions as possible.
Many of the kids have been waiting for years to have a family of their own.
According to DSS, they have been trying to get more judges to schedule adoption days.
Judge McFaddin is one of the few judges in the state who pencils in adoption days on his calendar and has been doing it for years.
The judge will be taking pictures with each family and will even bring his dogs Molly and Moose to court to make it a fun experience for the kids.
Court starts at 930 a.m. and lasts all day at 108 North Magnolia Sumter, SC 29150.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond