Help for Homeowners Foreclosure Prevention Event | Home & Garden
The SC Department of Consumer Affairs is partnering with the US Department for Treasury in promotion of their Help for Homeowners Foreclosure Prevention Event to be held at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center on June 28th from 1:00pm-8:00pm.
At the event, distressed borrowers will be able to discuss foreclosure prevention options one-on-one with banks, credit unions and servicers on-site or with housing counselors. There is no pre-registration. Consumers are encouraged to just show up the day of the event with the following forms and documents:
- Request for Mortgage Assistance Form (Find at MakingHomeAffordable.gov);
- IRS Form 4506T-EZ (Find at MakingHomeAffordable.gov);
- Monthly mortgage statement;
- Information about any other mortgages;
- Two most recent pay stubs;
- If self-employed, the most recent quarterly or year-to-date Profit and Loss Statement;
- Documentation of income from all sources;
- Two most recent bank statements;
- Unemployment insurance letter, if applicable.
Consumers can call 1-888-995-HOPE (4673) with event questions or for assistance in preparing the above documents.