Utility wants 80% rate increase | Home & Garden
A public hearing has been scheduled to talk about Carolina Water Service's petition to raise water rates from an average of $36 per month to more than $65 per month and raise sewer rates about $5 per month.
The Public Service Commission of South Carolina has scheduled a public night hearing regarding the application to increase its rates for water and sewer service throughout its service areas in South Carolina. A request for the public night hearing was made by Senator John M. "Jake" Knotts, Jr. on behalf of the residents in Senate District 23.
The public night hearing will be held on Wednesday, July 13, 2011, at 6:00 p.m. in the Lexington County Tennis Complex Second Floor Conference Room, 425 Oak Drive, Lexington, South Carolina 29073. Persons wanting to testify before the Public Service Commission regarding the application may do so at this hearing. All testimony will be given under oath.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond