Team Shaw Airman Dies | News
A U.S. Air Force Tech. Sgt. assigned to Shaw AFB, S.C. died at Tuomey Medical Hospital June 14 at approximately 10:30 a.m.
Tech. Sgt Kenneth E. Moore Jr., 36, was home for 30 days on deployment mid-tour leave visiting his wife and children here.
After experiencing medial issues at his home, an ambulance transported Moore to the hospital. The cause of his death has been attributed to a bilateral pulmonary embolism.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends and co-workers of Tech. Sgt. Moore during this difficult time,” said Col. Clay Hall, 20th Fighter Wing commander. “We are deeply saddened by the loss of a Team Shaw member and are focused on taking care of the family at this time.”
Memorial information will be released as it becomes available.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond