Report: Victim punched, kicked, and choked for over an hour | News
SUMTER, SC (WIS) - Two Sumter men are in jail Monday after investigators say they kicked, punched, and choked a man repeatedly for over an hour.
32-year-old Brian Ridgeway and 33-year-old Edward Rogers are in the Sumter-Lee Regional Detention Center on charges of attempted murder. According to an incident report from the Sumter Sheriff's Office the two individuals attacked the 33-year-old man at Ridgeway's home early Saturday morning.
Sumter County Sheriff's Captain Allen Dailey says all three men knew each other and had been hanging out at a local nightclub Friday night.
According to the report, the victim says Ridgeway and Rogers threatened to "put him in a hole." Both the eyes of the victim were swollen shut and bleeding, according to the report.
The report also says the victim was bleeding from his nose and mouth and was taken to Tuomey Hospital by family members late Saturday morning.
Investigators are still trying to determine a motive, according to Dailey. He says they believe alcohol played a role in the incident.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond