Shaw airman's death ruled a suicide | News
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, SC (WIS)- Officials at Shaw Air Force Base say the recent death of an airman has been ruled an "apparent suicide".
Investigators say 21-year-old Alyssa A. Deveny was found dead in her home around 2 p.m.
"The men and women of Team Shaw are grieving the loss of a member of our Air Force family," said Col. Clay Hall, 20th Fighter Wing commander. "Our thoughts and prayers are with family, friends and co-workers during this difficult time."
Deveny had been stationed at Shaw since March 2010.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond