AAA: SC gas prices cheaper now than last year | News
NEWBERRY COUNTY, SC (WIS)- AAA says South Carolinians are paying less for gas right now than they were just a year ago.
The group says gas prices are around $3.20 in South Carolina and have rapidly fallen by 14 cents in the last week alone.
But it goes even further than that. AAA says average gas prices in South Carolina have fallen 43 cents since the middle of September.
South Carolina now has the second-cheapest gas in the country, which is just behind Missouri's $3.15.
As for a cause, AAA says global economic concerns, a strong US dollar, and a decrease in Summer demand have forced down the price of crude oil.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond