Man arrested after 12-year-old has his baby | News
SUMTER COUNTY, SC (WIS)- A Sumter man is in jail after deputies say a 12-year-old gave birth to his baby.
Kesho Pentago Jackson, 19, is charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor under 14.
Arrest warrants allege that between January 1, 2011 and December 1, 2011 Jackson engaged in sexual intercourse with a 12-year-old female.
According to the Sumter County Sheriff's Department, the girl became pregnant with Jackson's child and delivered the baby in July of 2012.
Warrants were issued for Jackson on November 11. He was taken into custody on November 26.
Jackson is being held at the Sumter-Lee Regional Detention Center.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond