Police investigating suspicious early morning fire | News
The Sumter Police Department is investigating a suspicious fire that occurred at a local business early Monday morning.
Around 3:30 a.m., police and fire responded to a fire at Lowery Heating & Air located at 391 Neeley Street in Sumter.
Upon arrival, crews found the building totally engulfed with flames.
Officials say crews battled the blaze for nearly two hours before bringing it under control.
According to the report, the building was completely destroyed and damages are estimated at $310,000.00.
Police say the cause of the fire has not been determined, but investigators strongly believe that the fire was intentionally set. No injuries were reported.
The investigation into the fire continues and no further information is available at this time.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact CrimeStoppers at 1-800-CRIMESC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond