SCDPS reports 7 deaths on SC highways, Dec. 7-9 | News
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety announces a preliminary number of seven people being killed on South Carolina highways from Friday, December 7, at 6 p.m. until Sunday, December 9, at midnight.
US routes, SC roads and secondary roads
Seat belt used
Seat belt not used
Seat belt unknown
Seat belt not applicable
1 moped, 1 motorcyclist, 1 pedestrian
As of December 9, 773 people have died on South Carolina highways, compared to 790 highway deaths in this same time period in 2011.
Of the 514 motor vehicle occupants who have died in 2012, 302 were not wearing seat belts.
Through midnight December 9, 106 pedestrians, 103 motorcyclists and 13 bicyclists have died on state roads and highways.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond