SC exhibit features state's public libraries | News
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - South Carolina's public libraries are the focus of a new exhibit.
A new display at the South Carolina State Library highlights programs and events at libraries across the state. A dozen county library systems submitted fliers and brochures highlighting programs and events they held in the last year.
Organizers say the Greenville County Library sponsored a party for the release of "The Hobbit" motion picture. Aiken County Library brought in a program on Charles Dickens. And in Anderson County, library officials sponsored a program on expunging criminal records.
Other programs from the past year featured bookmark contests, author visits, storytelling, and workshops on job hunting, crafting and gardening.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond