Fire department rescues flag from wind at school | News
SUMTER, SC (WIS)- Firefighters helped a rescue an American flag outside a midlands school Friday.
High winds in Sumter Thursday blew the flag outside Thomas Sumter Academy so much it wrapped around the top of the flag pole. School employees could not untangle the flag.
So the school called the Sumter Fire Department, who sent Ladder Truck 212 to the rescue. Firefighter Heath Haywood stood at the top of the ladder Friday morning to untangle the flag from the pole while students watched from below.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond