Thursday night fire in century-old home claims two lives | News
SUMTER COUNTY, SC (WIS)- A Sumter County couple was killed in a house fire late Thursday night.
Fire officials say the blaze happened around 9:30 p.m. in a house off Highway 261 in Wedgefield.
According to Captain Brian Horton, when crews arrived the home was engulfed in flames. Horton said the house was had been built in the 1800's.
Horton says one victim was discovered outside the home, the other was found inside.
Sumter County Coroner Harvin Bullock identified the victims as Edward Hall and his wife Harriett.
Authorities are still investigating the cause of the fire.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond