Driver dies after hitting tree in early morning crash | News
One person has died in an early morning crash in Sumter County, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
Highway Patrol troopers say the collision happened around 4 a.m. Tuesday.
Troopers said 42-year-old Jose Hernantez veered off Peach Orchard Road and hit a tree. Hernantez was thrown from the vehicle.
Investigators say he was not wearing a seatbelt.
The Highway Patrol is investigating.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond