Troopers arrest driver after hit-and-run crash killed motorcyclist | News
SUMTER COUNTY, SC (WIS)- The South Carolina Highway Patrol has arrested the driver of a vehicle who investigators say drove away from a crash that killed a motorcycle rider in Sumter County.
30-year-old Jacqueline Mesidor of Rembert is being held at the Sumter-Lee Detention Center.
Troopers say the crash occurred just before 1 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of U.S. 521 and Dinkins Mill Road near Rembert.
Troopers say Mesidor's vehicle was heading north on U.S. 521 and attempted to turn left onto Dinkins Mill Road when it turned into the path of the southbound motorcycle.
The driver of the motorcycle, 24-year-old Charles Dennis of Rembert, died at the scene. Troopers say Dennis was not wearing a helmet.
Troopers say after the crash, the Mesidor drove away.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved .
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond