First change of command in SC | News
The first Third Army/ARCENT change of command ceremony in South Carolina will be at Patton Hall, Third Army/ARCENT headquarters, 9 a.m. Tuesday, June 25.
Lt. Gen. James L. Terry assumes command from Lt. Gen. Vincent K. Brooks following an assignment as V Corps commander in Heidelberg, Germany and Afghanistan. Terry also recently served as the commander/deputy commander of the International Security Assistance Force Joint Command, U.S. Forces-Afghanistan.
Brooks commanded Third Army/ARCENT since June 2011 and will be appointed to the rank of general and serve as the commanding general, U.S. Army Pacific, Fort Shafter, Hawaii.
Gen. John F. Campbell, Vice Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army, will host the ceremony.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond